Were you sitting with bated breath, unable to believe that Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, and Larry David all at one point were talking about a “toilet related app” for the iPhone?
I definitely got my hopes up a little quick in thinking that there was a POOP THE WORLD reference about to unfold. As the Seinfeld reunion script goes, George made millions on one but then got burned by Bernie Madoff and lost all his money.
I’d like to know when George got into the app game as it seems a little diluted and without being biased, there is simply not a better poop app out there past PTW.
But speaking of app name dropping by celebrities, it makes me wonder why if some of the all-time pinnacles of entertainment and comedy on TV use this material in their shows, then why won’t Apple promote, oh I don’t know, that app POOP THE WORLD on any of their featured lists?
If I could suggest a few edits to Jerry and Larry on the script it would be:
- George and Jerry develop POOP THE WORLD and is convinced that geo-tagging of poops on real time Google maps, funny cartoon poop pics, and social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter is the wave of the future.
- Elaine, and Kramer all agree and chip in thousands of dollars make it happen.
- Upon releasing the app, Jerry’s humor is used to make unique promotional videos that help get the app national news coverage. He and George even invent an alter ego to help the cause.
- Apple does not promote the app on any of their featured lists and the gang starts to lose hope.
- Even George and Jerry’s parents don’t understand why their sons are investing in something about poop for a phone. They don’t get that its not about real poop but funny digital cartoon images. George’s father declares that his son has serious mental problems. Bans him from Festivus indefinitely.
– Then one day, after pitching a new pilot to NBC, George becomes disinterested and starts using the POOP THE WORLD app. The pitch goes poorly but an exec notices George geo-tagging a Baby Nessie with the fragrance of New Tennis Balls. Turns out the exec at NBC knows Ellen and Jimmy Fallon and feels that the app is brilliant.
- After being featured on their shows, the app becomes a cult classic for iPhone users. Questlove even lets George play the drums and Ellen dunks Jerry in the pool. Life couldn’t be happier.
– But instead of investing his money with Bernie Madoff, George and Jerry opt to purchase motorcycles and spend their days drinking Slurpee’s, playing golf and filming Mandeer episodes around the world.
- Apple still does not promote the app but all is forgiven after Kramer reboots Kramerica and purchases Apple with the proceeds from his cut of POOP THE WORLD.